AJ Jordan email@example.com
19. FLOSS zealot. GitHub fan. Ultimate player. Stack Exchange addict. UNIX philosophy subscriber. Sysadmin. Conference attendee & speaker. Freshman in college as of fall 2017. I am the primary maintainer of pump.io, the principal author of StraticJS, and a comaintainer of PRISM Break.
Heroku + Cloudflare for offandonagain.org
just moved offandonagain.org to Heroku for hosting and Cloudflare for HTTPS. I'm really conflicted... responses for large GIFs are noticeably faster, and I don't have to worry about ops anymore. but I feel gross about it because Freedom(tm). honestly not sure if I'll keep it.
Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠) likes this.
- From ivanov on Twitter: Today, at #scipy2018 sprints, I learned that not enough folks know about `git grep` Search the current checkout of only committed files, ignores other stuff. https://twitter.com/ivanov/status/1018229131161620481/photo/1
AJ Jordan likes this.
AJ Jordan shared this.
npm: The Good Parts
someone (me?) needs to write "npm: The Good Parts". something on how to ignore all the absolute buffoonery of JS-framework-of-the-month zealously and tease out the great modularity and simplicity that npm can potentially offer. maybe something about TypeScript and baking robustness in to the process.
bad CPU metaphor
CPU affinity is always talking to the same friend about a particular emotional thing because they already have the most background information from you talking to them in the past
- Wikipedia goes dark in Spanish, Italian ahead of key EU vote on copyright - https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/04/wikipedia-goes-dark-in-spanish-italian-ahead-of-key-eu-vote-on-cop... dark times are coming if #copyrightdirective goes through in current form
can someone honestly explain why Dave Winer is such a big deal because every time I see him talk he's actively spreading misinformation about HTTPS, on purpose, and my respect for him dips further into the negatives
- "Let's say I'm making a package called SumanaLib, because I'm egotistical. NO NO. *PY*SumanaLib." -@brainwane #osb18 #opensourcebridge
Evan Prodromou likes this.
Open Source Bridge
It's 11 AM and I'm already way too emotional. Thank you, thank you, thank you to this amazing community. #osb18 #osbridge
TIL VoiceBox's interface probably has a cross site scripting vulnerability #iws18 #indieweb
pump.io git master warning
FYI to anyone running from pump.io git master: LOTS of semver-major changes going in recently. I'll have the changelog updated today probably but in the meantime (and tbh in general) please be careful when upgrading
Stephen Sekula shared this.
pump.io meeting today!
Forgot to announce this over the weekend but there's a last-minute pump.io meeting today, June 18th! 5 PM PST/8 PM EST and everyone is welcome!
JanKusanagi shared this.
Mission: Impossible: Daredevil Road
Mission: Impossible: Daredevil Road. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do all your grocery shopping before the ridiculous 5-5:30 dinner rush. Is is extremely dangerous. There will be grues.
- hey @washingtonpost, your site says I'm blocking ads but actually I'm just blocking malicious trackers with @PrivacyBadger. you should consider serving ads that respect Do Not Track and I'd be happy to view articles with them! https://www.eff.org/privacybadger has a FAQ entry on this :)
- I've noticed that I comment code less and less as time goes on. instead of commenting, I put effort into writing (and designing) code so simple that it's obvious what's going on.When I was a junior programmer, I had little comments all over the code explaining what everything did.Now I'm more experienced, I have very few comments... but they tend to be page-length essays about all the problems encountered doing something the obvious way and explaining how the current implementation avoids them all.
AJ Jordan likes this.
- woot woot! building the pump.io docs used to spit out like 20 warnings. now it spits out zero \o/