AJ Jordan email@example.com
20. FLOSS zealot. GitHub fan. Ultimate player. Stack Exchange addict. UNIX philosophy subscriber. Sysadmin. Conference attendee & speaker. Freshman in college as of fall 2017. I am the primary maintainer of pump.io, the principal author of StraticJS, and a comaintainer of PRISM Break.
GPG smart card suckiness
I'm losing my mind trying to import a backup of a GPG key on my lost smart card. even though GPG clearly imports the whole key, it still "helpfully" insists on a smart card.
out of all the bad user experiences in GPG, this is probably the worst so far.
McClane likes this.
I think I'm in some sort of funk. I dunno, the last couple weeks have just been terrible. maybe I need to cut back on activities or maybe I just really need spring break. :/
$5 for publishing a Chrome extension
current mood: very annoyed that the Chrome Web Store (@ChromiumDev) is apparently going to charge me $5 to distribute a dinky extension I wrote in an hour for free. I just want to have some fun man
someone submitted a FOIA request to NASA asking them exactly how they broadcast music to Opportunity as it was dying: https://space.stackexchange.com/q/34185/889#comment107090_34185
I love Stack Exchange
- @congressdotgov there's no "Get Alerts" button on https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6714 …. it's not documented anywhere and I can't find a contact email address. help? is there a bug tracker or something where I can report this?
Yes, it would have to be reintroduced.
There is no public bug tracker to the best of my knowledge. The response form you seek is http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-webcomments.html
AJ Jordan likes this.
I just got an email from the hotel that I stayed in for FOSDEM two years ago and it made me smile :-)
5 years of running a Tor relay
yesterday (the 2nd) was the five year anniversary of me running a @torproject relay. happy 5 years to Tor relay
I love my residents
resident 1: *holding up a book* "where'd you find this??
resident 2: "Amazon"
resident 1: "where???"
resident 2: "Amazon. dot com."
- I suspect rather that Mueller has just run into so many leads that he's having to re-triage every day :-). It's hard to say whether a prosecutor is dragging his feet or not until you know everything he's sifted through and what charges he's bringing.
AJ Jordan likes this.
- I'm using a library Mac computer and I just wanna say that Terminal.app's defaulting to "Use Option as Meta key" being off is kinda the worst default of all time
firstname.lastname@example.org ❌ likes this.
I just saw someone in the University of Rochester halls who looked EXACTLY like Lisa Feiertag and I was SO excited and then my brain caught up to reality :(
- Early results indicate that pump.io Docker images have not been compromised due to Alpine Linux remote code execution vulnerabilities. We will be publishing a full write-up soon, as well as patching our build process to protect future builds from this vulnerability.
I wrote a piece inspired by my 20th birthday, and feeling weird about it. Here it is if you would like to read (and maybe feel) things about causality and the passage of time.