AJ Jordan email@example.com
20. FLOSS zealot. GitHub fan. Ultimate player. Stack Exchange addict. UNIX philosophy subscriber. Sysadmin. Conference attendee & speaker. Freshman in college as of fall 2017. I am the primary maintainer of pump.io, the principal author of StraticJS, and a comaintainer of PRISM Break.
- Early results indicate that pump.io Docker images have not been compromised due to Alpine Linux remote code execution vulnerabilities. We will be publishing a full write-up soon, as well as patching our build process to protect future builds from this vulnerability.
I wrote a piece inspired by my 20th birthday, and feeling weird about it. Here it is if you would like to read (and maybe feel) things about causality and the passage of time.
- Mozilla: *removes the devtools feature I patched because only like 0.1% or something of users used it* me: better find another bug to fix so I can continue to say I have code in Firefox
- I turned 20 today. a question for people older and wiser than I: I feel incredibly weird to not be a "teenager" anymore, what the hell do I do???Show all 10 replies
happy birthday! Since when human processes were determined by calendar and exact dates? Calendar and round numbers are there just to give an excuse to make a party ;-)
Enjoy your teenager days until you like, or feel you have to open a new chapter of life, or your beloved ones show you that you should open another chapter of life…
- wore my Meltdown shirt today in honor of Intel fucking up, again. https://foreshadowattack.eu/ security is dead for the billionth time this year
firstname.lastname@example.org ❌ shared this.
Heroku + Cloudflare for offandonagain.org
just moved offandonagain.org to Heroku for hosting and Cloudflare for HTTPS. I'm really conflicted... responses for large GIFs are noticeably faster, and I don't have to worry about ops anymore. but I feel gross about it because Freedom(tm). honestly not sure if I'll keep it.
email@example.com ❌ likes this.
- From ivanov on Twitter: Today, at #scipy2018 sprints, I learned that not enough folks know about `git grep` Search the current checkout of only committed files, ignores other stuff. https://twitter.com/ivanov/status/1018229131161620481/photo/1
AJ Jordan likes this.
AJ Jordan shared this.
npm: The Good Parts
someone (me?) needs to write "npm: The Good Parts". something on how to ignore all the absolute buffoonery of JS-framework-of-the-month zealously and tease out the great modularity and simplicity that npm can potentially offer. maybe something about TypeScript and baking robustness in to the process.
bad CPU metaphor
CPU affinity is always talking to the same friend about a particular emotional thing because they already have the most background information from you talking to them in the past
- Wikipedia goes dark in Spanish, Italian ahead of key EU vote on copyright - https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/04/wikipedia-goes-dark-in-spanish-italian-ahead-of-key-eu-vote-on-cop... dark times are coming if #copyrightdirective goes through in current form
can someone honestly explain why Dave Winer is such a big deal because every time I see him talk he's actively spreading misinformation about HTTPS, on purpose, and my respect for him dips further into the negatives
- "Let's say I'm making a package called SumanaLib, because I'm egotistical. NO NO. *PY*SumanaLib." -@brainwane #osb18 #opensourcebridge
Evan Prodromou likes this.
Open Source Bridge
It's 11 AM and I'm already way too emotional. Thank you, thank you, thank you to this amazing community. #osb18 #osbridge